THE WORDLIFE™ COMMUNICATION CONSULTING SYSTEM

 

THE WORDLIFE™ COMMUNICATION CONSULTING SYSTEM

From Skill Trainer → Trusted Business Advisor

Core Philosophy (Non-Negotiable)

Clients don’t buy communication skills.
They buy what poor communication is costing them.

This single belief separates trainers from consultants.


THE 5-LAYER WORDLIFE™ CONSULTING FRAMEWORK

LAYER 1: POSITIONING – “WHO AM I TO THEM?”

(Inspired by Weiss + Welch)

❌ Wrong positioning:
“I teach communication skills.”

✅ Consultant positioning:
“I reduce leadership friction, execution delays, and trust breakdown caused by communication gaps.”

Practical Example

  • Instead of: “Email Writing Workshop”

  • Say:
    “We reduce email back-and-forth by 40% and decision delays by 30%.”

🎯 Action Step (Week 1):
Create ONE sentence:

“I help [ROLE] achieve [BUSINESS RESULT] by fixing [COMMUNICATION PROBLEM].”

Example:

“I help senior managers speed up execution by fixing unclear conversations and mixed signals.”


LAYER 2: DIAGNOSIS – “WHAT IS REALLY BROKEN?”

(Baaij + Weiss cornerstone)

Consultants never start with solutions.
They start with diagnosis conversations.

The WordLife™ 4-Signal Diagnostic

Ask leaders questions in four zones:

  1. Outcome Pain
    “Where are decisions slowing down?”

  2. Behaviour Gap
    “Where do conversations go sideways?”

  3. Cost of Silence
    “What problems are people avoiding discussing?”

  4. Leadership Signal
    “What do people not tell you directly?”

🧠 Hidden Pro Move:
Take notes. Then say:

“May I tell you what I’m noticing?”

Instant authority.

🎯 Action Step (Week 2):
Create a 45-minute paid diagnostic call (even ₹5,000).
Free diagnostics = trainer.
Paid diagnostics = consultant.


LAYER 3: VALUE DESIGN – “WHAT WILL CHANGE?”

(Alan Weiss’ Value Doctrine)

Never sell:

  • Hours

  • Sessions

  • Slides

  • Days

Always sell:

  • Outcomes

  • Behaviour shifts

  • Business impact

WordLife™ Value Map

Instead of:

“2-day communication workshop”

Offer:

“Post-training:
• Clearer delegation
• Fewer escalations
• Faster alignment meetings
• Confident frontline managers”

🎯 Action Step (Week 3):
Rewrite your services as BEFORE → AFTER statements.


LAYER 4: PROPOSAL WITHOUT PITCHING

(Million Dollar Consulting Proposals)

You don’t convince.
You co-create agreement.

WordLife™ Proposal Flow

  1. Current situation (client’s words)

  2. Risks of staying here

  3. Desired future state

  4. Success indicators

  5. Investment (not fees)

  6. Next step

💡 Never include:

  • Slides count

  • Trainer bio pages

  • Method explanations

🎯 Action Step (Week 4):
Create a 3-page proposal template maximum.


LAYER 5: DELIVERY = BEHAVIOUR CHANGE

(This is where communication consultants win)

Training ends → behaviour fades.
Consulting continues → behaviour sticks.

WordLife™ Behaviour Lock System

  • Micro-practices

  • Observation tasks

  • Leadership language shifts

  • Real meeting interventions

Example:
Instead of teaching “active listening”:

Sit in one leadership meeting.
Interrupt once.
Reframe one sentence.
Let them feel the difference.

🎯 Action Step (Week 5):
Add 30-60-90 day reinforcement into every engagement.


THE 90-DAY ROADMAP TO LAUNCH

Days 1–30: FOUNDATION

  • Define ONE niche (e.g., middle managers, plant heads, academic leaders)

  • Create ONE diagnostic offer

  • Rewrite your identity: consultant, not trainer

Days 31–60: AUTHORITY

  • Publish 5 insight posts (LinkedIn / blog)

  • Talk about problems, not tips

  • Share “what I observed in organizations” stories

Days 61–90: CLIENT FLOW

  • Reach out to past contacts with:

    “I’m now helping leaders fix communication breakdowns before they become performance issues.”

  • Sell diagnostics

  • Convert diagnostics → projects


THE BIGGEST MINDSET SHIFT (READ TWICE)

❌ Trainers ask:
“Shall I take a session?”

✅ Consultants ask:
“Would it help if we reduced this problem permanently?”

Same skill.
Different identity.
Different income.


FINAL WORD (With a Smile 😄)

Communication consultants don’t speak more.
They make others finally speak clearly.

Comments

Popular Posts